About Me

A Woman of Dignity & Grace

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Want Good Mexican Food? Try Lauriol Plaza – Georgetown section of DC

If you want some good Mexican food and don’t mind waiting for a table then Lauriol Plaza is the place. It is one of the trendiest places in Georgetown. Honey and I had dinner there on a Friday night and the crowd was out the door. I thought it was crowded because this was the first gorgeous evening of 2011, this may have been but the food was with a capital “D” Delicious….. Even the chips and salsa was to die for. The place was packed – yes I’m talking elbow to elbow packed. We was told there would be an hour wait but actually after 2 sangrias and 2 orders of chips & salsa our table was ready within 25 minutes.

I wanted to try everything on the menu but that wouldn’t be ladylike, so I went with the recommendation from the staff at the Palomar…and I had the combination plate with an enchilada, a taco, tamale with Mexican rice and a fajita on the side. The portion was too much for me to finish – but I did what I could. Honey had cuban steak with white rice & black beans.

We were seated outside – which was great and not a noisy as I would have anticipated….. It was a lovely night; I was with a lovely man – enjoying good conversation and great food!

I will make this one of my DC favorites…


No comments: