About Me

A Woman of Dignity & Grace

Friday, January 22, 2010

FBI Digital Billboards - New York City Times Square



The FBI began this national wide initiative by posting 100 of digital billboard in 23 cities and some other organizations joined them so now there are over 1500 billboards in 40 states. When I first heard it I thought of the "Wanted" signs in the post office and that is was it is on in digital format like a digital photo frame. Last Sunday on the drive from Atlantic City (NJ TPKE) I saw one of these billboards. Honey was thought I was insane because I got a little excited and jumped in his lap blocking his view of the road. I just wanted to see if there was someone on there I knew. That is the next question, would you report someone you knew? Or would you report someone you identified from the poster?



Some of the cases in which the billboards assisted to make the arrest:
  • In Tennessee, a man was on a 2 week robbery spree

  • In Virgina, a man arrested for money laundering - he turned himself in

  • In New Mexico, a young kid wanted for bank robbery - he was driving in the car with his mother and she noticed her kid on the billboard - he turned himself in that evening


Well, there will be one of these billboards posted in New York City, Times Square.

No comments: