About Me

My Photo
Early morning and sometimes late night coffee drinking, poetry writing, self help/inspirational book reading, traveling, soul music listening, soul food cooking, shoe loving, occasional gaming(you take your pick), picture taking (both) knowledge soaking- mother of 2, long-term partner of one, niece, cousin and friend to many-sister like friend to only a few- outstanding at problem solving and organizing, smile making while being compassionate and always loyal to who? YOU…

Friday, February 5, 2010

Have you ever heard of Walter Sammons......


Walter Sammons (1890-1973) was African American inventor from Philadelphia. In 1920 he received a patent for an improved comb that straightened hair. According to him, he invented a heated comb that removed the nappy's from the hair.
Yes, the hot comb ( I still have one - just in case).
Thanks, Mr. Sammons - boy do I remember getting my hair pressed for church on Saturday evenings and by Tuesday I was tore up again. The grease use to sizzle and I would cry "ouch" that hurt. My moms used to try and get every strand - I used to say, " not the baby hairs".


Those were the days. How thankful I was when I got my first perm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]