About Me

A Woman of Dignity & Grace

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why do You walk?

So I received an email from GMHC today......

Why do You walk?

It took me a while to put the words on paper but the thoughts gathered in my head in seconds…



I walk because both of my parents died and they were both HIV positive


I walk because I lost an Uncle who died and he was HIV positive


I walk because there is a person in my life who is like a mother to me that lives with HIV


I walk because Black & Hispanic women have the largest percentage of HIV in America


I walk because I have a daughter


I walk because I have a son


I walk for those who died not even knowing they had the disease


I walk for the kids who parents died as they live with the disease


I walk for the activist who continues to spread the word in our communities


I walk for the doctor who volunteered to open the free clinic and provide free testing


I walk for me


I walk for you


I walk


Aids Walk New York 2011
 
All the answers to you questions right here

No comments: